The 411 on Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement
If you’re approaching perimenopause (the time period before menopause – typically in your late 40s), hormone replacement therapy isn’t something you’ve thought about much. Why would you?
But, like many things in the menopause experience, you have choices. Sometimes, your options and the direction you select can be confusing.
Let’s look at one of those important choices. There are synthetic hormones and the ones that I only prescribe for my patients, bio-identical hormones. Luckily, over 20 years ago, I was introduced to bio-identical hormones by my local compounding pharmacist. I’ve spent the better part of these past years learning all about them and the benefit they provide. In fact, from working with my perimenopausal and menopausal patients, I’ve come to understand and value the outcome that the right combination of hormone replacement provides.
In This Episode
There are so many questions swirling around this issue. HRT or not? Here are some of the topics we cover in this week’s episode:
- Why would a woman need hormones?
- What are bio-identical hormones?
- Are bio-identical hormones safe?
- What are the main benefits and potential risks?
- What is a compounding pharmacy?
- What questions should a women ask before she goes on HRT?
- How long should a women stay on HRT?
- What happens when you go off of HRT?
- The protective benefits of HRT for heart disease, Alzheimer’s and oesteoperosis
…and a lot more too.
Looking for a Compounding Pharmacy? Check out this cool tool.
All PCCA Members are licensed pharmacists, regulated by their State Boards of Pharmacy, and have access to PCCA’s services, including technical support from compounding experts, ACPE-accredited training and education courses, pharmaceutical ingredients and compounding equipment. PCCA is the world leader in providing compounding support and services.
Another Podcast That May Help
017 Uncovering the Right Tests for Menopause